We are the Slide-In Wheel Lift Specialists
Back when the old sling lifts were all the rage, Minute Man was the first auto-load slide in wheel lift designed specifically for use in HD pickup chassis. That was nearly 20 years ago and we are still dedicated to building the best slide in wheel lifts. The Minute Man XD is the result of listening to customers feedback and improving on our previous MMO & HDH wheel lifts.
- We recommend the use of our front counter weight package.
- Minute Man Slide In Wheel lifts are not for use in ½ ton pickups.
- Ultimately it is the customer’s responsibility to observe all local, state, federal and DOT regulations.
- It is recommended to add three springs, SuperSpring or air bags to the rear of the truck.
Standard Features Included
- Hydraulic pump (electric powered)
- 6 Function wired hand control (in-cab)
- Composite bushings
- External hoses for fast service
- External head cylinders
- Auto-centering head
- Minute Man rear bumper includes chain storage pockets, D-rings, LED plate lamp, powder coat finish
- Installation hardware kit (brackets, grade 8 bolts & nuts, battery cable)
- Installation guide
- 1-year parts & labor warranty
- Wheel straps & ratchets
- Safety chain
- Lift capacity: 3,500 lbs*
- Tow capacity: 7,500 lbs*
- Approx. weight: 1,400 lbs
- Composite bushing used at most pivot points
- Tow bar profile: 5″
- Tow bar width: 80″
- Max lift height: 40″ or more
- Max reach 65″
*Subject to the GVWR of your truck. Never exceed GVWR of your truck.
- Group 24 Marine Deep Cycle battery
- 400 LB front counter weight kit
- Minute Man Motorcycle Attachment kit
- Minute Man 5th Wheel / Goose-neck attachment kit
- Minute Man winch mount kit (coming soon)
- Factory installation onto your truck
- Custom spring work (stock springs are not sufficient)
- In The Ditch Tow Dollies
- Wireless tow lights
- Check out or store for more!
Please note: The Minute Man XD Slide In Wheel Lift is designed to be installed on a pickup or cab-chassis with a minimum GVWR of 10,0000 LBS.
NEVER EXCEED CHASSIS MFG. GVWR. For best results we recommend 11,000 or higher. Ultimately it is the customer’s responsibility to observe all local, state, federal DOT laws & regulations.
Models are available to fit either 8′ (long bed) or 6.5′ (short bed).
See also our Application Table: click here
If your rear suspension is stock, it will require additional spring work. There are several options:
- Custom spring work performed by a spring suspension shop – done properly this is the best solution as it is tailor made to your truck. We offer this as an add on to our factory installation.
- 3rd party add-on product like SuperSprings – easy and works well for most applications. We offer this as an add on to our factory installation.
- Some customers prefer the control afforded to them with airbag systems. If you want airbags, we suggest combination airbags + 2 leaves added to the rear stack.
NEW Product Video
2012 Product Video
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the difference between the Minute Man Original & the Minute Man HDH & XD?
A: The difference is on the head of the lift. The MMO (Minute Man Original) has “C-Hooks” that pivot around the tires of the parked vehicle when the lift is backing in. The HDH (Minute Man HDH) has hydraulic powered “L-Arms” which grab the wheels of the vehicle with the push of a button on the in-cab hand control.
Q: Can I put a Minute Man on my F150, or 1500, etc. ?
Q: Does Minute Man sell used or refurbished equipment?
A: Generally speaking we do not deal in used equipment. If you are thinking of buying a used lift from a 3rd party, please see our used Minute Man tips here: click here
Q: Does Minute Man make an underbody lift?
A: No. Both of our models mount in the bed of the truck to the frame. Our customers like how our lift tows compared to other slide in and under-body lifts. Installation of the Minute Man does not require frame modification – some of our competition does.
Q: Can I move my Minute Man from one truck to another?
A: Yes – If both trucks have the same box size. We make 2 different size lifts: a short box (for 6-1/2′ box) and a long box (for 8′ box). Never install a long box lift into a short box truck or vice versa.
Q: Is installation included in the price?
A: No. Installation is available for an additional charge.
Q: Can the Minute Man be shipped to me?
A: YES!! We ship the Minute Man fully crated via freight truck throughout North America. We can also ship internationally – please contact us for a shipping quote – we need the complete address and zip/postal code. Shipping to commercial address with fork lift is required. If you do not have access to a fork lift or a commercial address shipping can be arranged for you to pick up at your local freight terminal. Call for details – we can handle it!